Sunday, July 8, 2012

Master Bath Love

After refinishing the girls' bathroom counter top, I tackled ours.  It's smaller but was just as ugly.

Gross counter top. AND ugly old mirror. Blech.


Same principle....sand, spray fleck and seal. The only difference (besides the brand) was that I didn't have a base coat of black. So the end result is a lighter stone look,.

This time I used a KRYLON brand - Make It Stone Texture Paint...instead of the Rustoleum brand.  I purchased the KRYLON brand at Michael's. It was around ten dollars. The sealer was around ten dollars.



I did three coats of the stone spray and let each coat dry before adding the next.  I allowed it to dry completely over night before I did two coats of sealer.

Again, tape off everything to protect mirrors, cabinets etc.

This is after the third
coat.



SOOOO much better.

Today I am moving everything back to the counter top and it
looks great~





No comments:

Post a Comment