Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bathroom Love

The first thing I did in this bathroom was paint the walls.  When re-doing my girls' bathroom the first time, I just wanted the wallpaper wall gone.  It was peeling and bubbled and missing in some parts. I painted the walls originally the same brown, matched at Home Depot with their paint department. But white seems logical for how small the room is.


Then I painted the standard cabinets in white...which basically looked like THIS when we moved in. Instantly it made a wonderful difference. There were stains and chips and just worn down. So clean, so fresh.  And painted the baseboards...that were doo-doo as well.  I added hardware.  NOTHING in this rent house had hardware, which is awful for wear and tear on any cabinet or drawer.

Then I laid the floor.

So here's the first 'AFTER'..that's actually this posts 'BEFORE' :



We found a Yellow Submarine shower curtain.  I purchased it HERE.  Then I found a Beatles print at Walmart and framed it and put it up.

This is before I painted the walls white. 

Another view - doo-doo- brown. 

I want you to notice the door.  This is one door not painted since we moved in.  
Imagine the entire house like this, when we moved in.
This is the TYPICAL of each door in this house upon move-in.

And at the bottom of the door is all damaged from the 
prior tenants that I can only assumed
locked a pet in here. 


I spent the 4th of July painting that bathroom.







No comments:

Post a Comment