Monday, May 23, 2011

Peel N Stick 'Em!

When we moved in this rent house, besides the yellowing of what was once white paint, we were grossed out by the floors.

The man we rent the house from is of the mind "If it serves it's purpose, it's fine."  So, no frills here at all.  But we were given creative license to do any cosmetic things to the house we wanted. The floors in this house are damaged, gouged, stained and ripped.

These things are awesome.  So many patterns and prices are very agreeable....depending on where you're going.


I purchased peel and stick tiles at Home Depot. They're called Newport 12 in. x 12 in. Solid Vinyl Tile.

Here's the BEFORE of the entry tile :


The flooring that's there is the same flooring in the kitchen and both bathrooms.  it's torn, discolored and just looks dirty no matter how many times I've been on my hands and knees scrubbing like Cinderella.  

The installation of these tiles is so simple...even I could do it!  I started at the center of the door, lay the tile straight back, then on either side.  When you come to a place where you need to cut the tile, I used a backing paper from a used tile, laid it down and made a template.  Easy friggin Peasy. 


I also painted the inside of the front door and trim white.  Whatever is supposed to be white paint in this house is a gross yellow.  I am still not done painting all the doors and trim, yet.

Here's a partial on the kitchen tile.  I can't tell you the improvement just laying this peel and stick tile made!

No comments:

Post a Comment